At ShippyPro, we're not just building a product; we're revolutionizing the shipping and logistic landscape. Our journey began with a vision to “Make people work better”, and today, we stand at the forefront of a rapid growth trajectory that's reshaping the way that merchants worldwide operate.
This is not just a job; it's an opportunity to be part of something extraordinary. As we surge ahead, you'll be at the heart of a movement setting new standards and leaving an indelible mark. You won't be a cog in the wheel; you'll be the engine driving our success.
Our fast-paced, collaborative environment is the breeding ground for creativity and innovation. You'll be surrounded by a diverse team of experts, all driven by a shared purpose. Together, we'll navigate challenges, celebrate victories, and constantly push each other to reach new heights.
Join Us in Shaping the Future.
If you're passionate, driven, and hungry for an opportunity to make a real impact, we want you on our team. Together, let's rewrite the playbook and set new standards for excellence.
Who are we looking for
At ShippyPro, we’ve built the most extensive online e-commerce logistics library and seek an exceptional Software Architect to lead our ambitious innovation goals of evolving our solution to embrace the rapid growth of our business. Your mission will be to drive our engineering strategy, from the technical evolution of our platform to spearhead strategic initiatives, while ensuring that our solutions stay ahead of the curve in this rapidly evolving industry.
- Develop high-level system architecture and detailed software design specifications, ensuring architectural integrity and consistency across projects.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance, especially in making critical architectural and design decisions, which includes the overall structure of the system, including high-level components, modules, and their interactions. Choosing the appropriate technologies, frameworks, and tools that align with the project's requirements and constraints.
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks to ensure the system meets performance requirements. Designing the system to be scalable, so it can handle increased load, and reliable, so it functions consistently without failures.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to the development team, helping them understand and implement the architectural vision.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for system architecture, design decisions, and technical specifications. Produce architectural diagrams and documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., product management) to ensure technical solutions align with overall business goals.
You have 7+ years of documented experience in Engineering as a Software Architect or similar roles.
- Deep knowledge and proficiency in relevant technologies, frameworks, and development methodologies. Deep understanding of architectural patterns and design principles.
- Proven track record of success in major re-platforms, taking an existing product from a monolithic architecture to a distributed system for an Enterprise audience.
- Proven track record of success working in a Startup environment.
- Capacity to think strategically, and pragmatically, aligning technical efforts with the organization's strategic goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (Master's preferred).
What we can offer:
Remote working options. We are happy to welcome every new member into our state-of-the-art (literally!) office in Florence, however we are also a modern and agile company, and are open to full or partial remote working where possible
No clocking in/out. We don’t believe in micromanaging and our working relationships are based on mutual trust, that’s why we don’t require our team to clock in and out of work. Of course, this trust relationship works both ways!
Work alongside an ambitious and supportive team. We are growing fast and no two days look the same at ShippyPro, but one thing never changes: your colleagues are always there to support you and to bounce off ideas!
Growth and learning opportunities. We believe that in order to grow as a company, our team also needs to continue learning and developing. Did you know that we have a growing Library in our office and you can borrow as many books as you like?
Meal pearks: Whether you are working from home, from the office or from wherever you want, you can enjoy your meal voucher everyday. Getting hungry?
Free coffee policy. We are an international team, but our HQ is in Italy, hence we do take coffee breaks very seriously. Hot drinks are on us, and occasionally, Aperitivo too!
No dress code. That’s right, no formal attire is required when working in our HQ
We are a people-centric organization with one mission: “Make People Work Better”.
Are you determined to beat off the challenges this role brings? Send your application to join us.