We are a SaaS company born in Florence, Italy in 2016 with the mission of simplifying the way people ship, track and return their e-commerce orders by creating a technological layer capable of handling the complexity of Shipping & Logistics.
We are an international scale-up where people from different countries, cultures and languages work together every day to deliver innovation.
This is reflected in every product we build but also in the attention and care for the people that are working in our company.
We are currently scaling our business leveraging our technology, our team and our international culture. We are 60+ people in Europe and we have recently raised Series B funding from US investors, fueling our objectives. It is now time to grow even more and increase our talented tech team with engineers that want to contribute to the development of our products.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for an Intermediate Backend Developer who will work across the backend (currently PHP) parts of our application. Depending on the team, you will have the opportunity to take care either of the user experience from the moment of the signup to the generation of a label, or user experience related to the post-shipment scenarios (report, track and trace, returns)
What you will do:
- Develop features and improvements to the product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Analyze and interpret current implementation to propose actionable recommendations on how to improve the codebase
- Help us migrate our stack to serverless, using Bref (did you know that we are a sponsor?) and a later version of PHP
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Ability to propose and implement large initiatives like major code refactoring to simplify the codebase and its structure
What you will bring to the table
- Proven experience as a Backend Developer or similar role (4+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of PHP and at least one framework (Laravel, Symfony, …)
- Knowledge of Containers & Container Orchestration-like systems (Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Experience using AWS or other public cloud providers
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB ) and web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx)
- Experience integrating with APIs that use REST, gRPC, SOAP, and other technologies
- Ability to work with Agile e Kanban methodologies
About the hiring process:
We don’t just interview candidates, we interview people.
After receiving your application, starts the screening process and if you successfully pass through this step, we will invite you to take part to a few interviews.
At first you will be meeting our P&C Team. Aim is getting to know each other. Afterwards, there will be some more technical steps that will also include a challenge.
Don't worry, we will share with you all the information you need to succeed!
What we can offer:
Remote working options. We are happy to welcome every new member into our state-of-the-art (literally!) office in Florence, however we are also a modern and agile company, and are open to our team mates needs. We'd love for our new Intermediate Backend Developer to attend the office at least 1 day a week or 4 days a month.
No clocking in/out. We don’t believe in micromanaging and our working relationships are based on mutual trust, that’s why we don’t require our team to clock in and out of work. Of course, this trust relationship works both ways!
Work alongside an ambitious and supportive team. We are growing fast and no two days look the same at ShippyPro, but one thing never changes: your colleagues are always there to support you and to bounce off ideas!
Growth and learning opportunities. We believe that in order to grow as a company, our team also needs to continue learning and developing. Did you know that we have a growing Library in our office and you can borrow as many books as you like?
Meal pearks*: Whether you are working from home, from the office or from wherever you want, you can enjoy your meal voucher everyday. Getting hungry?
Free coffee policy. We are an international team, but our HQ is in Italy, hence we do take coffee breaks very seriously. Hot drinks are on us, and occasionally, Aperitivo too!
No dress code. That’s right, no formal attire is required when working in our HQ
*only for Italian contract
We are a people-centric organization with one mission: “Make People Work Better”.
Are you determined to beat off the challenges this role brings? Send your application to join us.