Are you a motivated, forward-thinking engineering leader ready to make waves in the shipping industry? Look no further than ShippyPro! 🚀
ShippyPro is not just a company; it's a movement! We're on a mission to transform the way the world ships, and we're searching for full stack developers who share our passion for innovation.
At ShippyPro, we believe in making people work better. Our cutting-edge technology streamlines the shipping process, making it faster, smarter, and more efficient. We're not just a shipping software company; we're the driving force behind a shipping revolution.
As an international scale-up we welcome people from different countries, cultures and languages to work together every day to deliver innovation.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for an Engineering Team Leader. You will have the opportunity to lead the team that takes care of the user experience related to the post-shipment scenarios (report, track and trace, returns).
What you will do
- Oversee a combined team of engineers, both frontend and backend
- Help the team grow their skills and expertise
- Run agile project management processes
- Maintain empathy for the team by keeping awareness of processes and best practices. Examples might be: evaluating individual workflow during one on ones, conducting code reviews, or working on non-critical path bugs and/or features
- In participation with other the engineering leadership, seek and hire talent
- Conduct managerial interviews for candidates, and train the team to do technical interviews
- Generate and propose process improvements based on feedback that you collect among your team
- Hold regular 1:1s with all members of your team
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual's performance
- Foster technical decision making on the team, and escalate them when necessary
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Develop features and improvements as part of the team
- As an Engineering Leader you'll be required to be on-call in rotation with the other Engineering Leaders
What you will bring to the table
- Proven experience as a Engineering Team Leader (4+ years)
- Good knowledge of PHP and/or React
- Knowledge of Containers & Container Orchestration-like systems (Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Experience using AWS or other public cloud providers
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB ) and web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx)
- Experience integrating with APIs that use REST, gRPC, SOAP, and other technologies
- Ability to work with Agile e Kanban methodologies
About the hiring process
We don’t just interview candidates, we interview people.
After we receive your application, we start the screening process and if you successfully pass through this step, we will invite you to take part in some interviews.
Don't worry, we will share with you all the information you need to succeed!
What we can offer
Remote working options. We are happy to welcome every new member into our office in Florence, however we are also a modern and agile company, and are open to our team mates needs. We'd love for our new Engineering Team Leader to attend the office at least 2 days a week or 8 days a month.
No clocking in/out. We don’t believe in micromanaging and our working relationships are based on mutual trust, that’s why we don’t require our team to clock in and out of work. Of course, this trust relationship works both ways!
Work alongside an ambitious and supportive team. We are growing fast and no two days look the same at ShippyPro, but one thing never changes: your colleagues are always there to support you and to bounce off ideas!
Growth and learning opportunities. We believe that in order to grow as a company, our team also needs to continue learning and developing. Did you know that we have a growing Library in our office and you can borrow as many books as you like?
Meal pearks*: Whether you are working from home, from the office or from wherever you want, you can enjoy your meal voucher everyday. Getting hungry?
Free coffee policy. We are an international team, but our HQ is in Italy, hence we do take coffee breaks very seriously. Hot drinks are on us, and occasionally, Aperitivo too!
No dress code. That’s right, no formal attire is required when working in our HQ
*only for Italian contract
We are a people-centric organization with one mission: “Make People Work Better”.
Are you determined to beat off the challenges this role brings? Send your application to join us.